Thursday, May 30, 2013

So you got your rejection

You  are  not the  angry  kind.  You  are  reasonable.  You know  for  sure  your  book  is  good  so  is  the  agent.  Then  what?  There   must   have   been   a   communication  gap!
So,  Now  you  have  to  impress  the  agent. He  has  written   a  rejection  letter  just  because your  letter  was  not  right!   No   problem.  Write  back  a  reply  in  a  poem  and  then  send  back  the  material  too.   A   poem  is  the  best  way  to  express  your  crush! He/ she  will  look  into  your  manuscript  with  loving  eyes.  Believe  me,  no  one  is  immune  to  flattery!  And  please  do  not  forget   to   mention  in  Bold  capitals  that  you  are   ready  to  sleep  with  him/ her! 
Here  is  an  example  of  a  begging  letter (if  you  know  how  to beg  better  let  me  know)

My  Dearest   Ms/ Mr……………(agents  name)
My  salutations  to  you. Sir  I  have  written  a poem  for  you.  Don’t  consider  it  the  exhibition  of  my  perversion,  think  of  it  as   my  adoration  for you.
You  are  my  day  and  my  night,      
You are  what  I  dream  all  time,
You  are  my  idol  and   ideal,
You are  the one  that gets  the million  dollar  deal.
You  don’t  know   of  my  existence,
My  pain  or  persistence,
But  I  know  your  entire  profile,
Your  professional,  family  life   and  the  taxes  you  file.
I  have  been  stalking  you  since  I  wrote  my  first  word.
You  have   made   people  into  celebrities, Gods  and  the  vain  turd!
The  written  word  has  no  value  till  it  has  gone  through  your  hands.
 I  want  to  tell  you   I  love   you  and  your  work  and   even  the  ants  in  your  pants!   

Sir,  I  hoped  you  liked  my  poem. But   first,  thank  you  for  your  rejection. It   was   prompt .  You  are  not  only  good  but  quick  too. There  are  many  agents  who  don’t  care  to  even  reply  but  you  Sir, are   not   mean   like  them. I  myself  couldn’t  have  whacked  a  fly  that  quick!
I   am  mighty  impressed  by  your  short ‘I  will  pass. No  for  me.’ It  has  taught  me  how  one  should  be  concise  and   not  waste  other   people’s  time .
I  want  to  take  this opportunity  to  tell  you  that  it  must  be  me  who must  be  wrong. You  cannot  be  wrong  Sir,  in   your  decision  to  reject  me. You  have  been  in  this  profession  for  so  long  and  deciding   the  fate  of   thousands  of  writers!  How   can   you   be   wrong?
You  must  be  brilliant  and  so  well  read,  Sir.  I  am  sure   you  must  have  read  so  many  millions  of  books  although  you  must  not  have  had  time  to  go  beyond  the  first  line  or  paragraph! Time  is  a  constraint   I   know.  Other   writers   might   not   understand   this  but  I  do.
Your  credentials  on  your  website  just  proves  you  are  great.  Only  you  can  get   that  million  dollar  deal  and  that   coveted  place  in  the  bestseller  list. Sir,  the  photograph  of  you  posing  with  your  laptop  and  books  is   just  amazing.  You  look  so   handsome.
I  have  seen  your  office  and  your  home  too.  They  are  beautiful.  Don’t  think  of  me  as  a  stalker,  I  am  just  a   fan.  I  have  your  poster  on  the   ceiling  above  my  bed.  You  should  see  how  awesome  you   look  upside  down!
I  saw  the  photo  of  your  dog  on  your  website.  It   is  sooooo  cute. I   love   dogs.
Sir,  if  there  is  anything  I  can  do  to  get  you  to  look  at  my  manuscript  with   a  little  sympathy  I  am  more  than   willing.   
I  am  Ok  sleeping  with   you  or   with  whosoever   you  suggest.  I  will  take  your  dog  for  regular  walks  too  or  anything  else  you  can think  of!  I  have  been  cleaning   my  professors  toilet , buying  them  groceries,  babysitting  their  children  for  free   when  I  was  in  college  so  l  could   get  good  grades.  So, Sir, I   have  lots  of  experience  in  this  field  and  I  am  willing   too.
Sir,  I  am  again  sending   my  manuscript  with  this   letter.  I  am  hoping  this  time   you will  agree   to  represent  me.
Yours   only.
Bharati. BV
P.S: Did  I  tell  you  I  love  you  and  I  cannot  live  without  you? I  do  and  to  prove  it  I   want   to  sleep  with  you  or  whosoever   you  suggest,  just  name  a  place  and  time  and  give  me  half  an  hour  I  will  fly  in  there,  buck  naked!  

No comments:

Post a Comment