Monday, June 10, 2013

The angry reply to agent rejections

Just  yesterday someone made me  realize that I  was  in  an  unrequited  love  with  agents. First  I  did  feel  the  pain  and  now  comes  the  shame. Right  now  I  am  as  embarrassed  as  I  would  if  I  met  my   first  crush. Seriously, I  could  not  be  more  ashamed  of  my  behavior.  So  what  did  I  do? I  have  written  an  angry  letter  but  since  I  cannot  risk  posting  it  to  the  agents  I  have  decided  to  post  it  here. 

Excuse  me  Mr.  agent,
I  am  writing  back  to  tell  you  that  I  do  not  accept  your  rejection. In fact  I    reject  your  rejection  downright!
I  could  have  send my query  directly  to  the publishers   but  those  guys  seem  to  be  your  stooges.  They  do  not  as  much  as  look  at  manuscripts   submitted   without  your  approval. God! I  wonder  how  you  got  your  hooks  so  deep  into  them.
First  let  me  tell you  frankly   I  don’t  give  a  hoot  to your  opinion. I  and  my  work  are  much  better  than  you  can  possibly  tell.  And  I   am   definitely   much  better  than you.
I  am  not  begging  at  your  doorstep  that  you  dared  reject  me.  I  was   sending  you  a business  proposal,  an  opportunity  to  be  better  than  you  are.  It  is  sad  that  you  cannot  see   a  brilliant  and  short  cut  to  make  millions. You  must  be  sitting  in  some  hole  and  reading  books  because  you  don’t  have  friends  to  go  out  drink  and  have  sex  with   and  you  are  a  perfect  lonely  sad  nerd.  I  am  also  like  that  but  you  are  more  so.  And  then  you  cannot  even  write  a    novel   yourself  and  make  your  living  on  other  people’s  writing.  But   that’s   not   the   case  with  me.
You  people  are  only  interested  in  making  money  and   if   a  Leo  Tolstoy  stood  in  front  of  you,  you  won’t  recognize  him.  Damn   your   narrow   minded   profession.
I  know  you  have  families  and  friends  dependent  on  you  and  then  you  have  dogs and  cats  and  your  expensive  life  style  but  does  that  mean  you  have  to  screw  my  day?  You  guys   are   flees  sucking   on  the  blood  of  true  talent,  mind  it.
It  is  because  of  you,  great   artists  like  Vincent  Van  Gogh  had  to  shoot  themselves.
If  something  happens  to  me  you  are  responsible.
And  I  very  sincerely  hope  that  you  are  not  stealing  my  idea.  You  are  even  as  much   thinking  about   it   I   have  enough  money  to  take  away  your  money  in  the  courts.
While  I  am  expressing  my  displeasure  let  me  state  the  obvious: you   are  not  the  only  agent  in  the  universe  and  I  intend  to  get  my  hooks  into  someone  or  other  and  nothing  can  stop   me.
May  people  kick  your  ass  like  you  kicked  mine.
P.S : if  you  bad  mouth  me  to  fellow  agents  then  I  will  also  badmouth  you  to  fellow  writers. and  one  more  thing  if  you  block  me,  I  will  block  you  too! 
Yours  revengeful,
B.V.Bharati. 

No comments:

Post a Comment