Thursday, June 27, 2013

the pied pipers of the modern Hamelin


Dear  Mr. Jullian Assange,

Congratulations  for  having  found  a  protégé  in   Mr. Edward. Snowden.

Last  week  I  was  comfortably  sitting  on  my  sofa  hoping  to  see  some  nice  murder  mystery  and  some  explicit  sex  on  TV. But  the  fidgety  me  had  to  surf  the  channels  during  commercials  and  what  do  I  see?
This  fellow  Mr. Edward  Snowden  is  hiding  in  some  transit  place  in Russia  and  the  entire  world  is  trying  to  get  their  hands  on  his  throat,  of  course  to  squeeze  his  life  out. So what  do  I  do?
I  immediately  Google  him  and  what  do  I  find? That  he  is  trying  to  tell  the  world  some  Truth  about  some  freedom  and   rights! God!
 Then  within  the  next  few  days   I  come  to  know  there  are  some  ongoing  surveys  in  the  general  population .  well  someone  is  obviously  trying to  find  out  if  he  has  done  the  right  thing  or  not!
 So  I  decided  to  put  in  my  two  pence  and  write  you  this  letter.

                                   


Now  I  am  much  angry  and  I  am  writing  this  letter  to  you. I  hope  someone  passes  it  on.
What  I  am  going  to  tell  you  must  have  been  told  to you  innumerable  times  by  your  mother, father,  friends, lover, acquaintances…..even  the  government  is  telling  you  this…but  stubborn  you!
Yet  I  will  repeat  all  that  has  been  already  repeated:
Mr. Assange  who  told  you  we  are  interested  in  truth? Whoever  told  you  must  be  the  most  foolish  of  men.  Trust  me  on  this.
Of  course  I  am  interested  in  truth  but  not  your  kind  that  speaks  of  rights  or  freedom.  I  am  interested  in  truths  like:
Has  my  neighbor   bought  a  new  bigger  fridge?
Is  my  boss  having  an extra  marital  affair?
Am  I  getting  my  promotion?
Can  I  save  more  tax?
Can  I  take  bribe  without  getting  caught?
Is  my  date  rich?
Sir,  but  your  truths  as  you  say  don’t  answer  my  questions. So  what  am  I  going  to  do  with  your  truth? Sir,  truly  speaking I  just  need  enough  rights  to  know  the answers  to  the  above  questions.
But  since  you  seem  not  to  have  an ounce  of  the  thing  called  a  sane  head  I  wish  to  explain  a  few  things.
First  of  all  I  am  a  common  man. As  common  as  is  possible  to  be.  In  fact  the  only  thing  that  separates  me  from  the  cattle  that  are  slaughtered   everyday  to  dress  my  dinner  is  the  fact  that  I  walk  on  my  hind  legs  instead  on  my  fours. That  poor  Mr. Darwin  tired  everything  to  separate  me  from  animals  but  alas!
Mr. Assange  to  explain  myself  easily  let  me  tell  you  there  are  three  types  of  people  in  this  world   to  whom  you  are   trying  to  sell   your  truth :
1.  the  fated  slaves. This  is   half   the  world  :  hungry , naked  and  diseased.  They  are  only  interested  in  two  meals,  a  pair  of  clothes  and  health  care .  So  they  are  not  interested  in  your  truth. 
2.  the  willing  slaves : out  of the  half  that  is  left  99.99%  are  people  like me. This  is  my  life  and  living : I  get  up  every  day, go  to  potty,  dress  up  for  office,  get  pushed  and  punched   on  the  way  to  office,  then  toil  with  my  head  bowed  and  in  the evening  come  back  home,  watch  some  sex  and  murder  on  TV,  have  some  sex  and  hope  to  murder   this  and  that,  then  go  off  to  sleep. Then  the  next  day  again. Again  and  again   for  years  together  till  the  blessed  day  I  die.  Now,  I  know  half  the  world  is  hungry, naked  and  diseased  but  I  can’t  do  anything  about  it. I  know  there   are  kings  trying  to  steal  my  personal  rights  and  freedom  but  I  have  taxes  to  save,  food  to  eat, diseases  to  fight, dresses  to  buy…and  many  such  things  of  great  importance. So  where  is  the  time  to  spare  for  you  and  your  truth? 
3. the  kings : These  are  far  and few. The  fat  ones   who  are  having  a  gala  time.  They  are  not  interested  in  me  or  the  fated  slaves  because  they  are   too  busy  with  bigger problems  like  protecting  their  chairs  and  managing  Swiss  bank  accounts. Of  course  they  are  not  interested  in  your  truth  because  your  truth  exposes  them .     
Now, if  I  am  right  you  have  stolen  the  truth  from  the  kings  and   are  trying  to sell  this   truth  to  the  fated  slaves  and  the  willing  slaves? Seriously!  Are  you  joking  Sir?
Despite  understanding  the  fact  that  no  one  is  interested  in  it?  Of  course  you  are  giving  it  for  free  at  the  expense  of  your  own  life.  God!  Even  the  street  vendor  has  more  common  sense  and  understanding  of the  market!
And  Sir,  all  those  people  from   the  surveys  who  have  said  that  you  did  the  right  thing  by  exposing   the  truth?  They  are  like  all  those  people   who  press  the  button  like   on  Facebook  when  you change  your  profile  picture!   Basically  they  don’t  mean  a  thing  other  than  boosting  your  ego  and  making  you  do  reckless  things  like  truth  finding  and  distributing.
But  Sir, it  is  not  their  fault  that   they  are  not  interested  in  your  kind  of  truth  and  are  just  entertaining  themselves  at  your  and  your  truth’s   expense.  Sir, if  you  don’t  believe  me  you  can  check  the  number  of  hits  matrimonial  or  weight  loss  or  lips  stick  sites  have  as  compared  to  philosophical  or  political  sites.  But  then  they  are  peaceful  people  and  they  know  very  well  that  if  they  fall  in love  with you  or  your  truth  they  all  will  have  to  shift  to  that  Ecuador  Embassy   in  London  and  hide  with  you. Now, now  why  would  you  want  them  to  give  up  their  happy  lives  and  hide?
 You  are  doing  all  this  so  that  the  world  can be  a better  place  or  a hiding  place?
Before  I  finish  lecturing  you  I  wish  to  give  you  a  history  lesson : do  you know  what  happened  to  all  those  scientists, philosophers,  thinkers  who  told  the  truth  about  kings?  Christ  was  crucified, Socrates  was  given  Hemlock, Gandhi  was  shot  so  was  Martin  Luther  king Jr.  There  are  a  million  such  examples. Get  it?  Of  course  after  a  hundred  years  or  so  we  slaves  will  worship  you   and  Kings  will  speak  of  the  great  man  you  were  in  their  election  campaigns   but  right  now?  Sir, please  use  your  common  sense.
By  the  way  Sir,  have  you  read  the  pied  piper  of  Hamelin. It  is  a  long  poem  and I  will  shorten  it  in  my  words  for  you.  There  is  this  city  called Hamelin.  It  is  infested  with  rats.  The  city  dwellers  are  much  worried.  But  they  having  tried  and  failed  cannot  do  anything  more  about  it.  Then  comes  in  a  Pied  piper.  He   plays  his  musical  thing  and  all  the  rats  follow  him  into  some  river and  drown. Now  the  piper  much  pleased  by his  feat  comes  back to  the  Hamelin  people  and  demands  his  pay.  But the  people  of  Hamelin  don’t  give  a  shit.  So Mr. Piper  is  pissed  and   he  plays  his  instrument  again.  This  time  the  children  of  Hamelin  follow  him  into  some  cave  forever.  The  people  of Hamelin  sulk.  
Now, Mr. Assange  Sir  do  you  understand  the  moral  here?
Who  heard  the  piper?
The  rats  and the  children. That’s  it.  Everyone  else  was  deaf.  Just  like  today.
You  are  the  pied  pipers  of  this  modern  Hamelin  and  we  are  the  deaf  people.
So  you  can  keep  playing  your  pipe  promising  to  rid  of  us  of  rats  and  mice  but  we  won’t  get  it  till  we  will  lose  our  children   and   have  nothing   left  to  do  but  to sulk  some  more. Get  it?
P.S : Mr. Assange  and  Mr. Snowden  I  know  what  the  Kings  across  the  world  are  doing.  I  know  the  truth. I  have  known  it  forever,  since  long  lost  histories.  That  is  the  only  thing  kings  in  any  form  will  do.  They  are  taking  away  whatever  little  freedom  I  have  and  trampling  my  rights  like  you  say. But  I  don’t  need  that  freedom  or  rights.  I  need  just  enough  rights to  make  a  living  not  a  life.  And  you  and  all  those  great  men  repeating  the  so  called  truth  about   freedom/ rights   into  my  psyche  is  not  going  to  make  me  any  different  from  the  cattle  and  a  slave  I  am.  So  beat  it. 

Yours  uninterested,
Dr.Bharati.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    your post are very great! congratulation! Very great!
    namaste

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! You have a very interesting blog. I'm following you via GFC. Please visit my blog and if you enjoy leave a comment. Thank you! http://vashtiqvega.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. I do read your posts regularly. and even tried to leave a comment a few times but it keeps asking for my woordpress account. And this is not just yours account but many other wordpress accounts.

      Delete